Internship - Activism Unit job from Kvinna till Kvinna in Stockholm, Sweden
Monday 14th, March 2022
Kvinna till Kvinna is a reputed company based in Stockholm. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Insurance to join our team as Internship - Activism Unit.
Do you have a passion for Women’s Rights? Are you looking for an interesting internship where you will learn more about project management and supporting activism? Would you like to get insight in how the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation works with supporting women’s rights in Sweden and the world?
Deadline for applying: March 27th
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the internship
The activism unit works with enabling activism for women´s rights in Sweden. Our work focuses on to main fields;
- a national leadership program aimed toward young feminists with migration background and
- a national volunteer program, funded by Sida and aimed to support activism for women´s rights in Sweden.
The internship is intended to make a practical contribution to the work of the unit through fulfilling identified duties and responsibilities, and to offer a learning opportunity for you as an intern. You will work closely with the program manager and get and insight in the daily work of the unit.
Tasks will include:
You will be a part of a small project group and support in daily tasks such as:
- Assisting in the planning and conduction of trainings and workshops
- Assisting in the support and communication with the volunteer groups
- Assisting with general administrational tasks and logistics, including organisation of events, meetings, notetaking etc.
- Assisting in writing applications for new funding
- Assisting in documenting results for current donors
- Studies in political science or other relevant academical field
- Experience of volunteer work and/or civil society
- Commitment to women's rights
- Comfortable in expressing yourself in speech and writing
- Fluency in Swedish and English
Terms & conditions and what we offer
The internship is unpaid, on a full-time basis and covers 20 weeks, the fall semester of 2022.
We prefer that you are a looking for an internship as part of your current studies, or as a part of a e.g., rehabilitation programme, where you receive reimbursement from CSN or other government funds. If the above does not apply to you, you need to mention how your internship is funded.
We will sign an internship agreement and you will have insurance for the duration of your internship.
The internship is based at the head office in Stockholm; however, at the moment, we combine office work with working remotely.
Due to the nature of our work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Submit your application, including cover letter and resume via the application button. Write the application in Swedish and please note that we only accept applications through our career site.
Deadline for applying: March 27th
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact project manager [email protected].
For information on the recruitment process, please contact HR at [email protected]
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website