International Emergency Medical Nurse - Office Based, No Night Working job from AXA in Redhill RH1, United Kingdom
Saturday 7th, May 2022
AXA is a reputed company based in Singapore. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as International Emergency Medical Nurse - Office Based, No Night Working.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a number of quick-thinking and methodical nurses to join our growing International Emergency Team, provide first-class service in medical assistance and support millions of customers in the UK and worldwide. You'll need to draw on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge to assess and prioritise patient requirements alongside carrying out your efficient Action Plans & Recommendations. In addition to this, there will be the opportunity to carry out the worldwide repatriation of AXA customers. This work is separate to your contracted role and great experience.
Working Hours & Shift Pattern:
We are available whenever our customers need us - 24/7. The Medical Assistance Team is based in an office environment with a hybrid working option. Due to our exceptional customer care, you will be required to work 7.5 hour shifts between – 7:30–20:00 Mon- Sun. (NO nights, but it does include weekends.) The shifts are via a set rota base system + includes bank holidays. Please note that Sunday work hours are 9:00 – 17:00 – you will work one week on, one week off. In total you will work 1170 hours per annum, with an annualised salary of £22,500.
Induction & Training:
A 12-week training programme will be provided and you will be given a “Training Buddy”. Please note that training is conducted Mon – Fri - 9:00 -17:00 on a Full Time basis for the first 6 weeks. Above all of this, what we are most proud of and the reason why you should choose AXA Partners is our exceptional customer care and our focus on constantly improving our high quality support and development of our people to do this, allowing everyone the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and use the necessary programmes, applications and IT software systems, paying attention to updates.
- Gather and provide suitable information on a wide variety of health related queries using research based, factual and up to date medical information.
- Provide suitable information to every customer/partner on every call based on appropriate protocols, professional expertise and training.
- Provide suitable information, using language which can be clearly understood by the customer.
- Ability to use all information resources available in association with relevant professional knowledge.
- Ensure the customer expectations are met and exceeded on every call so as to successfully complete every case in a timely manner
- Know when to escalate to colleagues and or managers.
- Liaise with or refer to colleagues, other healthcare professionals, departments or AXA offices and appropriate organisations to deliver the correct service promptly.
- Assess each individual case and monitor accordingly, on a regular basis, until complete, to ensure service remains focused, efficient and effective.
- Work accurately with the limitations of insurance policies and exercise good safe cost control.
- Be proficient in communication with Medical professionals worldwide, where appropriate, to obtain the necessary information for high quality service for customers.
- Assist as necessary with the accurate maintenance of medical repatriation equipment.
- Deliver high quality training and advice to medical assistance operations personnel and medical repatriation crew.
- Ensure all parties relevant to the provision of effective assistance are correctly notified and update on a regular basis.
- Deployment of cases to appropriate and approved suppliers.
- Anticipate & approve estimated costs for our clients, monitor and notify and update clients regularly.
- Maintaining relevant professional qualification/accreditations e.g.: study days and Revalidation.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years post registration experience at least 2 years within an acute area such as ITU/A&E/CCU or equivalent.
- Evidence of current registration and revalidation with NMC and membership of the Royal Colleague of Nursing. Experience of repatriation work is desirable.
- Extensive world-wide personal travel experience is desirable.
- Sufficient medical knowledge, travel insurance knowledge and worldwide repatriation knowledge to enable you to make decisions, according to set protocols, on behalf of the duty MO.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to cope with language and cultural barriers.
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems and know when to refer to a doctor or operations team leader.
- Super-organised with the ability to work under pressure and to customer deadlines.
- Additional language would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Essential requirements for repatriation work:
- Carry out ILS / ALS / PALS training every year and bi-Annual Health and Safety Training
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised, sometimes having to improvise or make instant decisions in order to ensure safety of the patient at all times
- Know when to communicate with the UK office base if there are problems beyond your control
- Ensure that you are sufficiently clinically updated to deal with the medical situations within the scope of your own Duty of Care responsibility
- Membership of the IFNA (In-Flight Nurses Association
What we offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA Partners, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance 4x salary
- Private Healthcare benefit
- AXA employee discounts
AXA Partners is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA Partners, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to [email protected].
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life. Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection. AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit. Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website