Intern Sustainability job from Azerion in Postcode 1119 in Schiphol, Netherlands
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Postcode 1119 in Schiphol
Azerion is a reputed company based in Postcode 1119 in Schiphol. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as Intern Sustainability.
For our Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) team at Azerion HQ in Amsterdam we are looking for an Intern in the Sustainability department. Are you interested in sustainability, do you know how to follow ESG regulations & requirements and do you want to help our company to make sustainable choices? Then we are looking for you!
Azerion is a media, entertainment and technology company that provides safe, reliable and valuable content and services. Our mission is to engage users while helping advertisers and publishers connect with them in a meaningful and valuable way. We are headquartered in Amsterdam with a local presence in more than 22 countries. This allows us to tailor advertising and content solutions to every market and language, while providing all the benefits of a pan-European scale of hundreds of millions of unique and valuable users every month.
Azerion has been on a skyrocket growth curve over the last two years, going on the stock market and adding advertiser & publisher technology to its consumer content portfolio. We have acquired several related businesses and grown them. For example; Improve Digital, Game Distribution, Header lift and Quantum are now within the Azerion family. Other than that we built many partnerships including Sanrio Inc. (Hello Kitty and Friends), IMPS/Lafig (Smurfs) and Mercis (Miffy - one of the most iconic & cutest Dutch characters!).
Are you keen to join our team? Keep reading. We hope to meet you soon!
About Azerion’s ESG strategy
Azerion’s ESG strategy is based on 3 pillars:
- Our Planet
- Our Community
- Inclusion and Wellbeing
We believe it is important to consider how our people, products, concepts and ideas support these pillars and how they contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SDG’s are underpinned by our values, including those relating to inclusion and diversity, human rights, anti-corruption and anti-bribery. Our strategy and execution plan includes, amongst other things, mapping our carbon footprint, using our resources and products for good, ensuring employee wellbeing and giving back to the community.
About The Team
You'll be part of an enthusiastic team of 5 people that gets input from the whole Azerion family around the globe. We are passionate for sustainability and want to do more. We are open-minded, creative and have a hands-on mentality. Furthermore, there's a lot of energy within the Sustainability team and plenty of possibilities to work out ideas.
What will you be doing in this role?
You will be creating and distributing the sustainability strategy, creating awareness among colleagues and getting them involved. Your main focus will be to make sure that the sustainability strategy is aligned with European and national legislations and policies and to keep track of the legal requirements concerning the CSR annual report.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help updating policy documents, such ass Code of Conduct, Diversity & Inclusion policies.
- Supporting on the creation of assessments like Taxonomy and the Materiality report
- Provide support on CSR related policies across the group and adapt them with the local regulations
- Research and identify ESG best practices
- Keeping up to date with CSR and ESG regulation and legislations
- Help with preparation for the Annual Non financial reportings of 2021 & 2022
We welcome you to bring your own ideas on how to make our company more sustainable!
What you can bring to the table:
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google pack
- Ability to understand and produce legal documents
- Background knowledge of ESG and CSR legal expectations (or ability to find such information)
- Experience in performing sustainability assessments is considered an advantage, but not a prerequisite to apply
- Team player
- Ideas on incorporating sustainability in our company
- Interest about sustainability
- Interest in setting up an internal ESG/CSR strategy
- Not afraid to approach people
- Ability to synthesize
- Having a BSN number before the beginning of the internship (you can find the administrative steps here: Citizen service number (BSN) | I amsterdam)
- Studying in bachelor, master program
- High level of English
Good to know
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Minimum 4 months
Availability: 40h/week (flexible)
The team you will be working with is composed of 5 people, you included.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website