Indirect Tax Senior Accountant (m/f/d) job from Fastenal Europe in Dordrecht, Netherlands
Monday 14th, March 2022
Fastenal Europe is a reputed company based in Dordrecht. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Accounting / Auditing to join our team as Indirect Tax Senior Accountant (m/f/d).
Working as a full-time Indirect Tax Senior Accountant, you will enjoy the opportunity to perform a variety of functions relating to value-added tax (VAT) related to our European locations, as well as, participating in analytical and administrative projects.
ONBOARDING AND TRAINING:
We invest in our 20,000+ team members by providing structured curricula for career advancement through our internal business school, the Fastenal School of Business (FSB). With a robust virtual campus and regional brick and two major campuses within Europe, FSB provides employees with career-long opportunities to develop skills, explore new directions, grow as leaders, and achieve their career goals. Last year, our employees completed more than 655,000 FSB courses – a testament to our culture of learning and continuous improvement.
There is more than one career path to joining the Blue Team! No matter if you test the waters with a part time position or dive in with a full time career, Fastenal creates an onboarding plan that gets you up to speed quickly and encourages advancement into new positions.
- Local trainings with the local team
- Online trainings through FSB
- Classroom trainings with specialists
- Regular trainings for career advancement
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating indirect tax return preparation activities;
- Leading indirect tax research, planning, analysis, and documentation activities;
- Developing and training others to achieve goals and to optimize business results;
- Reviewing and approving journal entries related to VAT return filing and payment activities;
- Preparing and reviewing indirect tax schedules and tax return filings;
- Reviewing indirect tax returns prepared by external tax advisors;
- Managing indirect tax examination activities;
- Reviewing tax related reconciliations;
- Managing and processing monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities of the general ledger;
- Coordinating and participating in development projects – planning, testing, and implementation;
- Completing special projects and other administrative tasks as required.
Our most successful Fastenal employees live and work by the following 4 cultural values: Ambition – Innovation – Integrity – Teamwork
Furthermore, the following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- An accounting degree with 2 – 3 years of accounting experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient using Microsoft Office;
- Exhibit strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Value and maintain integrity and professionalism in daily tasks and problem solving situations;
- Attention to detail, as well as effective time management;
- Ability to work in a high volume fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team;
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient using PeopleSoft.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A diverse and challenging position with room for own input and initiative
- A career within a fast moving and growing organization
- Background of stable international company
- Motivating and competitive salary
- Sophisticated educational system
- Opportunity to career growth
- Possible immediate starting date
For more information about Fastenal visit our website and social media channels:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fastenal-europe
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/FastenalCompany/videos
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fastenalcompanycareers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fastenal_europe/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fastenalcompany
We will review all applications carefully and invite all candidates that are shortlisted for an interview.
Fastenal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website