Human Resources Manager job from Peeters Mushroom Farm in Charing Cross, ON, Canada
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Charing Cross, ON
Peeters Mushroom Farm is a reputed company based in Charing Cross, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Human Resources / Recruitment to join our team as Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and selection: including determining talent needs, advertising, sourcing, selecting candidates, interviewing, hiring, contract negotiation and onboarding;
- Conduct interviews and reference verifications on all Tier 1 positions.
- Final authority to approve all employees recommended for hire.
- Develops and maintains a statistical applicant tracking program.
- Authorize all employee contracts and employee action forms and any other related HR documents on behalf of the Peeters Group of Companies.
- Responsible to ensure all hiring documentation is properly completed, returned in a timely manner and all necessary personnel information is forwarded to the Controller for payroll processing.
- Develop and oversee onboarding, training, and performance management programs that ensure employee satisfaction, proper employee familiarity with role, and legislative compliance;
- Responds to inquiries by employees with regards to various HR policies/procedures;
- Research and administer programs to hire Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW's), including housing, medical, travel, etc. Information.
- Liasion for TFW programs.
- Manages random drug and alcohol testing for company truck drivers, as well as the main contact person to liaise with the third-party service provider.
- Responsible for issuing all corrective actions which include verbal warnings, written warnings, suspensions, terminations.
- Maintain all records related to corrective actions taken and ensures all documentation is appropriately filed and recorded.
- Ensures all JPR's are completed midway through an employee's initial probationary period, and yearly thereafter.
- Develop and maintain an Orientation program for all employees.
- Responsible for maintaining all training records/logs are accurate and up-to-date.
- Research and recommend staff training sessions and activities to promote individual development and improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Research, implement, direct and administer Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Review, update and maintain the company Employee Manual for the Peeters Group of Companies to include current legislation and policies applicable to the company.
- Maintain job descriptions and pay rates assigned as approved by the Owners.
- Ensure all physical demand analysis (PDA) are accurate and up-to-date.
- Administer all aspects of benefit administration and managing all employee short term and long-term leaves.
- Analyze and recommend compensation and benefit policies to ensure compliance with legislated requirements under ESA2000.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting, conducting necessary inspections and completion of any WSIB related documentation and main point of contact for any and all WSIB cases/issues.
- Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements
Qualification and Education:
- Degree in Human Resources or Related Field
- 3+ years experience in an HR Management Role
- Knowledge of LMIA process is an asset
- Human Resources CHRP designation is preferred
- Speaking multiple languages is an asset
- Prior experience in agriculture industry is an asset
- Valid Drivers License and Reliable Vehicle
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Office, and other related computer applications
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members and management
- Self-directed and motivated
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Health and Dental
- Competitive Salary
$70,000 - $80, 000 based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charing Cross, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 3 years (preferred)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website