Hotel General Manager job from Selina in Berlin, Germany
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Selina is a reputed company based in Foz do IguaÃ§u, PR. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Hotel/ Hospitality/ Leisure to join our team as Hotel General Manager.
Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travelers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
The Hotel General Manager is the main leader at the location, providing leadership to all Managers and staff and making sure the location functions optimally while achieving all financial, revenue and experience goals.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the functioning of all product areas of the location (Front of the House, Back of the House, F&B, Kitchen, CoWork, Experience) optimizing all opportunities
- Connect with the Country and Global Product leads to ensure proper functioning of products in the location.
- Ensure location is properly stocked with all the necessary supplies and equipment.
Finance & Accounting
- Manage the location’s P&L and reporting ensuring that all revenue, costs and data is consistent across all channels
- Ensure proper accounting recording and compliance with local accounting legalities
- Controls and systems for accounting on site are followed at all times and are in line with Selina guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all location-applicable laws and practices and report all issues that arise or may cause a disruption to the business
- Act as direct manager for all the location Managers
- Lead and support the recruitment and selection process for open positions at the location.
- Create and manage the staffing plan for the location.
- Ensure that staffing has a low impact to P&L whilst maintaining high levels of service and experience.
- Be the location’s main POC for training needs assessment and delivery of training.
- Revise and manage the location’s payroll, benefits and incentive plans. Supervise the implementation of environmental health and safety plan at the location
- Meet and exceed the location’s revenue goals
- Establish and manage the sales strategy for the location
- Generate local partnerships to promote the Selina Brand
- Create and manage the location’s marketing plan following brand guidelines
- Ensure proper use of the brand guidelines
- Support and manage an environment to provide a positive experience in all the Selina Communities (guests/visitors, employees & community).
- Ensure proper implementation of the experience/programming designed for the location
- Be present at the location to support team members in providing a great experience.
What you need for the role
- Prior experience running a hotel or restaurant and leading multiple departments and supervisors
- Sound financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- English fluent and Native Language of the Location
- Experience working in multicultural environments (preferred)
- Sound understanding of processes and operational efficiency
- Strong people management and negotiation skills
- Solid abilities for reporting and analyzing information fordecision making
Low and High Skill Wellness Delivery
Staff who are wellness-focused and have a passion themselves (or hold a qualification) can deliver a wellness activity in the location for our Luna Loyalty Program. If it's a High skill wellness activity they must provide their qualification (ie Yoga, high-intensity fitness, Performance running/cycling).
What can you expect
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- No dress code
- Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
- Multiple online training opportunities
- Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
- Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
- Have your birthday off
- Amazing referral program with cash and global holiday packages; we know you hang out with other great people
- Extra country-specific benefits; we can tell you more during the application process
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website