Hostess, Restaurant job from CAPITOL HOTEL MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD. in Singapore, Singapore
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
CAPITOL HOTEL MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD. is a reputed company based in Singapore. We are looking for talented professional from the field of FMCG/ Food & Restaurants to join our team as Hostess, Restaurant.
1 year exp
Roles & Responsibilities
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
The job of Restaurant Host / Hostess is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members.
- A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Responsible to Assistant Restaurant Manager / Restaurant Manager
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times a
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Maintain and update the restaurants guest history.
- Maintain a legible and up to date reservation book.
- Maintain and coordinate the printing of the respective restaurant menus.Maintain excellent communication to all related departments i.eGuest Services and Concierge departments
- Restaurant Reservation
- All other F&B outlets, In Room dining and Banquet Service
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Warm, pleasant, friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills.
- Possess good command of English
- Ideally you will have at least 1 year in a similar role.
- Familiar with HACCP requirements
- Knowledge of Health and Safety rules and procedures
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now comprises a portfolio of 75 five-star hotels and residences in 33 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website