Home Care Workers job from LiveBetter in Leeton NSW, Australia
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
LiveBetter is a reputed company based in Leeton NSW. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Home Care Workers.
Private and Confidential
Home Care Worker
LiveBetter Position Description
For over 35 years, LiveBetter Community Services has been delivering specialist service provision for the people of
regional Australia. We are a not-for-profit organisation, originally formed through an amalgamation of several like-
minded, regionally based organisations, with our head office based in Orange NSW and around 50 homes, day centres,
respite cottages, offices and community hubs across Central Queensland and regional NSW.
Currently we deliver more than 80 customer-focused service programs across the aged care, disability, community
development, child and family, Out of Home Care, clinical and mental health sectors, from offices and facilities in more
than 45 communities. We employ more than 1600 people and 400 volunteers and in the last 12 months we provided
care and support to more than 13,000 individuals and families living in regional, rural and remote communities.
Focusing on support in the home, and connections to the community, our approach to service delivery is to work with
our customers in a holistic manner, seeking to meet their goals, needs and preferences. We also assist community
members with information, linking and referrals.
As the need for community services remains strong, LiveBetter continues its significant growth, with steady growth in
staff numbers, service capacity and diversity and in geographic spread. To support this growth, LiveBetter invests heavily
in corporate infrastructure and management systems as well as staff training and development.
LiveBetter’s annual revenue is more than $100 million. 80% of revenue comes directly from Commonwealth and State
Government funding, with service user contributions and revenue from commercial activities making up the balance.
LiveBetter is positioned as one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in eastern Australia.
LiveBetter remains focused on ensuring programs and services are provided by local staff and tailored to the individual
needs of local people and communities.
Our Purpose: We inspire possibility by giving people access to support in their chosen community
Our Mission: By connecting capable, passionate and caring locals with those who need support
LiveBetter’s Values guide the way we conduct ourselves. This includes how we interact with our clients, community and
business partners and how we treat each other. LiveBetter’s Values are:
- Integrity: We live out our values, are honest and ethical in all our dealings and are
- Respect: We value the individual. We recognise the rights and choices of the client,
- Cooperation: We strive to identify and create value from partnerships and alliances
- Empowerment: We believe that individuals and communities should be encouraged
- Excellence: We strive for excellence and best practice in all that we do as individuals,
LiveBetter Position Description
Position title: Home Care Worker
Job Type: Permanent Part Time and Casual
Reports to: Community Care Coordinator
Direct reports: Nil
Aged and Community Services (ACS) team provide support to the frail aged, people with disabilities and mental
health conditions, people with dementia and their carers. Programs currently delivered include Home Care Packages,
ComPacks, Commonwealth Home Support Program, Community Options, Commonwealth Carer Respite Centre,
Transitional Aged Care Packages, and Dementia Respite services. The ACS team have offices in Orange, Condobolin,
Broken Hill, Albury, Griffith, Bathurst and Wagga Wagga. Home Care Workers perform a vital role in supporting the
ACS teams to deliver services to our customers in a professional and caring manner.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Home Care Worker works within a team providing services to Community Care customers. The role assists
customers to maintain their independence in a community setting and provides ongoing domestic, personal and
social support to people living in the community.
Home Care Workers are required to undertake personal care services with Community Care customers. They are
also required to undertake and pass LiveBetter Clinical Care Core Competencies training and other mandatory
The Home Care Worker is primarily responsible for:
- Providing domestic assistance, personal care, respite, transport, social and emotional support to people
o Assisting customers with their personal care needs – this may include toileting, bathing, showering,
oral hygiene and other personal hygiene needs.
o Assisting customers with cooking, food preparation and meal planning.
o Performing domestic duties such as (but not limited to) vacuuming, laundry, general cleaning,
dusting, washing dishes, cleaning windows, cleaning carpets, making beds, basic home and garden
o Transport to medical appointments, social engagements, shopping (including assisting with
shopping) and other outings as required.
- Supporting carers of people who are frail aged including people with dementia and assisting them to
- Delivery of services that promote the dignity, independence and empowerment of customers.
- Adhering to the documented and approved Care Plans.
- Monitoring any changes in customer needs and reporting them to the Community Care Coordinator or Team
- Immediately reporting any changes in customer conditions or incidents to the Community Care Coordinator
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of customers in accordance with privacy legislation and LiveBetter
- Maintaining up to date accurate Customer progress notes in line with LiveBetter requirements.
LiveBetter Position Description
All staff must be aware of operational and business risks. They should:
- Provide input into various risk management activities assist in identifying risks and controls.
- Report all emerging risks, issues and incidents to their manager or appropriate officer.
Background and Experience
• Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Current first aid certification including CPR qualification.
- Willingness to undertake personal care services with customers.
- Willingness to undertake and ability to pass LiveBetter Clinical Care Core Competencies training and other
- Availability of a fully registered and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A caring and compassionate approach with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and approach to meet the needs of our customers.
- Experience in the use of technology such as smart phones and computer programs.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
Other Mandatory requirements
1. Obtain and pass a National Criminal History Check and Pre-Employment Medical Assessment, including drug
and alcohol screening and Working with Children Check
2. Obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
3. Advise LiveBetter in writing of any conditions which may impact ability to carry out the responsibilities
required of the role.
4. Ability to be flexible with work hours to meet reasonable demands of the position.
As determined by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. Salary packaging
opportunities are available.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website