Head Of Operations job from Rocket Orange in Postcode 1081 in Amsterdam Zuid, Netherlands
Monday 14th, March 2022
Postcode 1081 in Amsterdam Zuid
Rocket Orange is a reputed company based in Postcode 1081 in Amsterdam Zuid. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Production and Operations to join our team as Head Of Operations.
We are a fast-growing ( >100% annual growth) e-commerce scale-up with very big
ambitions, based in Amsterdam. You will be a core member of the team with the opportunity to
make a big impact on our operations and to share in our success. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and to create with innovative team members by your side. Together with you we aim to be a leading, fast growing and highly efficient private label consumer goods business.
The head of operations position is based in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for the department that we call the engine room. This department ensures that our portfolio of products runs constantly and efficiently. This includes the processes of purchasing, logistics, finance, product compliance, forecasting, pricing, market tracking and advertising. Over the course of several years, you will master all these processes and build a team to run these from day to day. The focus will be on driving results in a rapidly growing enterprise while actively contributing to both the business and supply chain strategy. We are seeking a self-motivated, very ambitious, energetic leader who thrives when presented a challenge. In our dynamic business model, there will always be many challenges ahead of you.
- Further develop, design and optimize the main processes of the engine room and build your team to run these.
- Create a total overview to maintain all core processes of the engine room, properly and efficiently aligned with each other. You are the link between these departments and you will have final responsibility
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and be responsible to design and execute actionable solutions to complex issues to drive rapid results
- Lead the execution of Rocket Orange’s global Supply Chain, encompassing Third Party Logistics (3PL) providers and regional transportation partners in China, Europe and the United States
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for operational activities
- Effectively report to stakeholders and leadership via all communication mediums (presentations, Slack, email, verbally, etc.).
- Schedule and facilitate meetings necessary to coordinate and manage projects and other related business requirements
- Analyze stakeholder needs, identify gaps & risks, then build actionable solution to the business problem
- Build constructive business relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate effective planning and effective stakeholder management as well as an ability to set and manage realistic timelines
Qualifications and Attributes
- Master’s degree required; preferred in economics, finance, supply chain, engineering, or comparable field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in supply chain management or a degree in this field
- At least 3 years of general business experience in a field/department such as operations, finance, project management or consultancy
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Operations experience within a global supply chain across multiple international origin points
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Anticipates operational issues and develops preventative measures in advance
- Excels at analyzing, interpreting, and building recommendations base on data
- Strong competence in strategic planning and business development
- Desire and ability to be a team player who appreciates a unique, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding, expert excel skills (required)
- Affinity with e-commerce
- Strong team player and proactive attitude
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch
- Salary: between EUR 80.000 and 120.000 (based on 40-hour work week; depending on age, degree, experience.) Financial compensation will be partly equity
- Very ambitious and talented team
- A travel allowance and parking spot
Soort dienstverband: Voltijds, Vaste baan
Salaris: €80.000,00 - €120.000,00 per jaar
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website