Global Director Consumer Insights job from Circle K in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Monday 14th, March 2022
Dublin, County Dublin
Circle K is a reputed company based in Dublin, County Dublin. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Senior Management / Directors to join our team as Global Director Consumer Insights.
JOB TITLE Global Director Consumer Insights
COMPANY: Circle K
DEPARTMENT: Global Marketing
REPORTS TO: Global VP Customer Experience
LOCATION: Europe (BU in Ireland, Norway, Sweden or Copenhagen)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Circle K is a renowned convenience store known worldwide for quality products and excellent customer service. We are a Global Fortune 200 company and like to consider ourselves the 'biggest start-up' though we have existed for more than 40 years. At a $34 billion dollar market cap value, we have over 14,500 convenience stores across the US, Canada, and Europe.
CircleK seeks an experienced Consumer Insights Leader to join our multi-national convenience store chain acting in a strategic leadership role to support some of the most important global initiatives for the company and lead transformation for insights capabilities. This role is critical to insight generation and thought leadership to help the company achieve its aggressive double-again growth ambitions. The consumer insights leader is an enterprise role supporting global, regional, and cross-functional groups. The position is based in Charlotte, NC reporting to the Global Vice President of Customer Experience.
ABOUT THE GLOBAL DIRECTOR CONSUMER INSIGHTS POSITION:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide an insightful understanding of consumer decision-making, utilizing advanced qualitative and quantitative customer research, and foresight to inform decisions made by senior leadership with a targeted focus on:
(1) SETTING a functional vision and strategy to deliver superior near term and future-forward insights that results in material consumer and business value. A competitive candidate must tackle business inquiries by developing thoughtful, incisive, and thoroughly practical learning plans, analyses, and reports which inform decisions and support business imperatives. You will empower the organization with the what, why, and insights to activate by employing disruptive and novel approaches.
(2) SYNTHESIZING a myriad of data and analytics into a story, both narrative and visual, that surfaces human insights and empathy and actions in a way that communicates and speaks to stakeholders. A demonstrated track record of analyzing and packaging data into compelling and impactful stories is required for success in this role;
(3) BUILDING the infrastructure (People, Process, Tools) and capabilities in conjunction with key internal partners to accelerate Circlek’s ambitions to establish consumer insights as a meaningful source of competitive advantage used in commercial decisions and core processes beyond market decisions, including new-product development, strategic planning, M&A and portfolio strategy, and company branding.
You will work to advance the company’s Voice of the Customer, Futurecasting, and Experience innovation activities. We will look to you to establish a high-performing team, defining roles and responsibilities for all. Finally, as the company’s chief Consumer Empathy Steward, you will foster a discipline within the organization for appropriately seeking and consuming market research.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE:
Experienced Consumer Insights Leader - Deep expertise leading consumer insights at top retailers. A seasoned, thought leader with an exceptional track record of building and successfully growing an insights program. Your work in consumer insights has materially shaped the success of at least one or more noteworthy brands. Demonstrated capability to develop strategies aligned with the critical business imperatives. A leader with mastery of traditional qual/quant research techniques and an understanding of more emerging approaches, including Journey mapping, social listening, trend analysis, etc. We seek someone with proven ability to effortlessly address ad hoc questions and develop research agenda for customer journey experience innovation purposes and define new strategic priorities. You are consumer obsessed leader with exceptional business acumen.
Highly Competent Capabilities Builder - Strong track record in building the necessary capabilities, teams, technology, and processes to support consumer insights throughout the organization. Expertise in enabling organizations to gain oversized returns from their consumer insights investments. You know what enablers and ways of working models are required to compete today and outpace the competition in the future. Passion and repeated success in leading global teams through a combination of operational, financial, data, and creative tools, processes, and systems.
Accomplished Collaborator- Able to get things done without formal authority or reporting relationships, working across functions seamlessly, geographies and levels to get things done. Embraces and known for building trusted business relationships to deliver business value. Operates everyday with a “OneTeam” mindset.
- Lead, design, build and manage Circle K’s consumer insights capability. Own the strategy, create, and set high-level priorities, drive implementation, and architect learning agendas designed to position CircleK to win at customer critical moments along the path to purchase.
- Take vision and customer needs, human insights, behaviors, and emotions and transform them into powerful and impactful user stories, personas, and scenarios.
- Champion a customer-centric and data-driven approach that incorporates deep “Voice of the Customer” understanding into new product offerings and profitable, industry-leading experiences.
- Experience with a range of research methodologies; concept testing, advertising, customer journey/packaging, positioning, consumer segmentation/demand spaces, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to draw conclusions and extract meaningful insights from data
- Establish best- and next-in-class methodologies, tools, and frameworks to generate differentiated customer and retailer insights.
- Be courageous in your thinking such that you go beyond set boundaries to create a new vision that delivers demonstrable impact.
- Continuously monitor design trends, look for broader consumer, market, and retail trends to identify opportunities/threats.
- Partner and cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders to frame problems, prioritize and scope design efforts, receive, and respond to design feedback.
- Determine key capabilities, investments, external partnerships, and resources needed to support these initiatives and business planning processes
- Structure presentations and evangelize vision and strategy throughout the organization, partnering with key cross-functional stakeholders and leaders.
- Identify blockers to success, problem-solving, and working to resolve cross-functional challenges.
- Grow, direct, and coach your team to effectively develop and execute against key initiatives.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree.
- Seasoned professional with 10+ years of custom insight/research experience in either B2C or B2B. Significant retail experience is a plus.
- 4+ years of customer experience, strategy, product management, brand management, human-centered design, consulting, or related is a plus.
- International experience with a deep understanding of how to think and manage globally.
- High aptitude for translating simple inquiries into complex analyses that are translated back into simple, straightforward, and actionable results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent and influence multiple decision makers where success resulted from influence without authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experienced and comfortable communicating with executive-level management.
- High skills in story-telling – succinct and impactful style.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit comfort in ambiguous situations with a proactive and positive attitude, willingness, and ability to take on new responsibilities.
- Able to constantly adapt and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Learn fast and act decisively.
- Passion for delighting customers through a superior customer experience that exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and suppliers with a broad range of research techniques (including new to the world approaches).
- Led, engaged, and retained a team of four or more direct reports.
- Loves being part of a team. Seeks, forges, and cultivates effective relationships to motivate and maximize cross-functional teams' engagement and productivity.
We encourage you to apply by April 20th, 2022. The process will begin earlier if the right candidate has applied.
Colette Matthews, Global VP Customer Experience
We know great companies are built from within, by great people like you. Come grow with us!
We are looking forward to your application!
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website