Full-time Faculty Of Ethics And Psychology job from AIU in Kuwait, Kuwait
Sunday 8th, May 2022
AIU is a reputed company based in Kuwait. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as Full-time Faculty Of Ethics And Psychology.
Full-time Faculty, Ethics and Psychology
American International University - Kuwait City
for the 2022-2023 Academic year
The American International University (AIU) is looking for dynamic and engaged full-time faculty for its newly-established schools and programs. We seek individuals who are passionate about teaching and mentoring students, building successful learning environments with students, and collaboratively engage with faculty and mentor students.
Under general supervision, the Psychology/Ethics Instructor develops, prepares, and teaches General Psychology. Responsibilities include teaching up to 12 credit hours per semester; participating in curriculum development, assessment of student learning outcomes, and co-curricular enhancements; serving on committees at department, school, and college levels; engaging in scholarly research appropriate for rank; and participating in public service initiatives.
Ability to teach Ethics and Philosophy/Psychology.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, organize, and deliver psychology instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Support and promote the college and departmental missions centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and service.
- Collaborate with department chair, faculty, and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate the mastery of course content.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain accurate records such as attendance, grading, and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Proctor exams, participate in departmental meetings, as well as college taskforces and/or committees, as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate office hours proportionate to the instructional assignment.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Humanities Coordinator/Dean
Required: A Master’s Degree in Psychology/Philosophy or a master’s degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours within any combination of the qualifying fields of Psychology, Counseling, Psychology and/or Educational Psychology is required.
Preferred: PhD withrelevant teaching experience at an American style university and with language learners.
Ability to teach Ethics and Psychology.
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the University serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit the Job Opportunities section of our webpage and submit your resume and cover letter: https://aiu.edu.kw/careers/jobs
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website