Front-end Application Developer (m/f) job from Goodyear in Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Goodyear is a reputed company based in Stockholm. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Electronics / Electrical to join our team as Front-end Application Developer (m/f).
Goodyear. More Driven.
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to create new attractive Web applications, which will help our engineers develop tires faster? The Data Science & Analytics department at the Goodyear Innovation Center in Luxembourg is looking for a frontend developer to partner with data scientists, data engineers as well as specialists across Global Technology & Quality organizations to develop novel data-driven solutions.
Since its inception, the Data Science portfolio continues to grow and includes areas of tire technology, operations, business and tire manufacturing. The associates in the Data Science organization come from a broad range of backgrounds: Mathematics; Statistics; Cognitive Linguistics; Astrophysics; Biology; Computer Science; Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, and Industrial Engineering; as well as Data Science. This diverse group works together to develop innovative methods and applications for simulating, modeling and analyzing complex processes throughout Goodyear.
In this Frontend Application Developer role, you will design and develop user interfaces and user experiences for internal and external websites and web applications. You will engage with stakeholders, developers, and data scientists to understand requirements/challenges and collaborate on effective solutions. You will be involved in all aspects of the Frontend development process, including web API integrations, application architecture, as well as user interface and interaction design. On this position you will:
Building and deploying responsive web applications that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple devices and operating systems.
- Developing reusable UI components for implementation in micro frontends.
- Make complex work processes feel intuitive and understandable for end users.
- Promote designs that are both technically feasible and resource economical by understanding how design impacts development.
- Support and maintain existing websites and web applications including feature additions and bug fixes.
- Create design artifacts, both low- and high-fidelity, that lead to intuitive user experiences. (Wireframes, Mockups, User interface designs).
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to deliver the product vision.
To join our team you will need:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS or related discipline.
You are fluent in English. Knowledge of French or German is an asset.
- Strong experience working in cross-functional environment supporting multiple areas of the business.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have very strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward the user experience of the solution.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A strong understanding of front-end best practices like mobile-first responsive design, accessibility, performance, and progressive enhancement.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web technologies and trends.
- Effectively communicate requirements to back-end development team.
- Ability to collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product owners, and other development teams on the execution of ideas.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Must be able to function independently as well as work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders and end users from a wide range of technical backgrounds (both in person and via email or phone).
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools; to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop and InDesign are a plus.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website