Flight Dispatcher job from Indigo Airlines in Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Indigo Airlines is a reputed company based in Gurgaon, Haryana. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Travel / Ticketing / Airline / Shipping to join our team as Flight Dispatcher.
An Indian DGCA Approved Flight Dispatcher with recurrency for dispatching Airbus 320/321 or ATR 72-600 aircrafts.
Should comply with the all Regulatory stipulations as per DGCA CAR Section 7, Series M, Part-II and would be assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational supervision over flights in conjunction with the Pilot-in-Command, on behalf of the Senior Vice President (Flight Operations).
She/He should also comply with the below mentioned requirements and would be responsible for
1. Exercising operational supervision and assist the Pilot-in-Command for the safe & efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
2. Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes in operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the Pilot-in-Command.
3. Maintaining the Flight Dispatch written log of company radio transmissions between OCC and aircraft and electronic record of all ACARS transmissions between OCC and aircraft.
4. Support and collaborate with leadership, team & internal departments to ensure smooth operations and think of innovative ideas to streamline processes with proper execution.
5. The developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising, as required, of the Operational Flight Plan for all scheduled and non-scheduled flights inclusive of training and test flight operations, in keeping with Safety, Regulatory, Customer Service, and Company fiscal requirements.
6. Assisting the PIC for the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the Operational Flight Plan. However the final decision lies with the Pilot in Command.
7. Analyzing operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain, impede or benefit operational capabilities inclusive of, but not limited to weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
8. Analyzing operational and meteorological conditions to evaluate and determine the safest and most efficient minimum fuel requirement.
9. Formulating and implementing revised Operational Flight Plans when conditions warrant, and for communicating the revised plans to the Pilot-in-Command.
10. To provide the Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing package, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight.
11. Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field conditions reports, NOTAMs etc. to provide flight crew with the latest operational information.
12. Providing and communicating revised information for Load Control with total fuel requirements and aircraft weight limitations that maximizes revenue payload potential while satisfying all Safety standards.
13. Communicating to Air Traffic Control Services all Operational Flight Plan requirements.
14. Resolving with Maintenance Control, the pilot-in-command, Flight Operations Management Pilots, as required, problems caused by any aircraft deviation from standards including MEL, which may limit or impact flight operational capabilities, and to communicate any operational limitations to the respective operating Departments, as required.
15. Apprising respective operating departments and Flight Operations Management Pilots, if warranted, of any reported deviations from standard which occur during flight and which could impact down line scheduling integrity.
16. During irregular operations, congruent when practical with the Pilot-in-Command, advising flight delays to Associate Director - Flight Dispatch/ Director-OCC; and when conditions warrant, recommending flight cancellations, and initiating alternative plans.
17. Ensuring timely dissemination of information for which may reasonably be anticipated to impact local and/or system operations including aircraft on layover, to Maintenance and Ground Operations.
18. Administering, managing, and implementing economic fuel policies to maximize company profitability, subject to operational constraints and within proper Safety parameters
19. Ensuring, on day-of-flight, which the Flight Dispatch function performs safe and efficient Operational supervision in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
20. To advise on delay / cancellation of the flight or otherwise decide on a possible / alternative routes which may be flown safely in accordance with company procedures & standards, taking into account likely weather conditions at the destination and alternate aerodromes; en-route weather; with the maximum fuel load possible.
21. After a flight has departed a flight watch shall be maintained till the flight lands at the destination or in case of a diversion a watch must be kept on the flight to the alternate and its departure thereafter to the destination. During flight watch, weather at destination & alternate should be monitored and the commander of the flight advised of any weather deterioration through available communications channels.
22. Capturing up-to-date flight progress information of assigned flight movements (Flight Watch) and to ensure that the flight movement information is both current and accurate.
“IndiGo does not charge any money for interviews or recruitment.
Refer to our job website - careers.goindigo.in or goindigo.app.param.ai for official job postings”
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website