Event And Venues Coordinator (travel) job from GMR Marketing in Remote, United States
Monday 14th, March 2022
GMR Marketing is a reputed company based in Remote. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Project Management / Event / Program Management to join our team as Event And Venues Coordinator (travel).
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Specialist will support Events + Venues Team and internal GMR teams as a resource for compliance, payment processing, and reconciliation to various vendors for individual hotel rooms, field staff hotel rooms, and any payments as directed by Events & Venues. The Specialist will work with a highly experienced team in a fast paced, supportive environment. The position requires a professional, vibrant, skilled, and motivated individual. This person must interact with Client Consulting + Services Teams and other GMR Support Teams in a professional and pleasant manner, providing them with a sense that their needs are being taken care of and met. The hired candidate must be able to multitask, demonstrate flexibility, demonstrate a high-level of customer service, and demonstrate a positive and calm demeanor in high pressure situations.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Act as a department liaison with Client Consulting + Services Teams to ensure internal request process is followed for individual hotel payment requests.
- Act as the department liaison with Omnicom Corporate Travel Manager and GMR’s travel agency BCD including troubleshooting, special requests, flight credits and more.
- Organize agency required CEO approvals for flights.
- Review and approve agency travel requests.
- Act as the department liaison with Client Consulting + Services Teams and internal GMR Teams to ensure payment is provided via credit card to various vendors for talent, celebrity, and field staff hotel rooms.
- Audit invoices and receipts to ensure accuracy of services billed.
- Reconcile credit card for payments made by Travel Coordinator and other team members as directed by the Events & Venues.
- Create department purchase orders as required.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience preferably in the travel and hospitality industry, including knowledge of hotel industry terms and culture.
- Possess a basic understanding of the travel and hospitality industry.
- Strong customer service skills for daily communication with Client Consulting + Services Teams
- Familiarity with accounting processes and systems including purchase orders, invoicing, payments, and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of internal systems including Costpoint and Replicon.
- Confidence, strong work ethic, ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills, verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Outgoing, approachable, excellent phone and business etiquette.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist with various projects with a positive, professional, and flexible demeanor.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website