English Mother Tongue Translator job from ILL in 38042 Grenoble, France
Sunday 8th, May 2022
ILL is a reputed company based in 38042 Grenoble. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Media / Advertising / Communication / Design to join our team as English Mother Tongue Translator.
You will join the ILL’s (small) two-person translation office, which is part of the Institute’s Administration Division. The office is responsible for the translation of internal and external documents from and into the ILL’s three official languages (French, English, and German), as well as the revision and proofreading of documents in English. The translation office handles a wide range of document types, including technical reports, contracts, press releases, specifications and financial statements, covering subject areas ranging from HR, law and finance to IT, safety, science and nuclear engineering. In addition to providing linguistic support for the Institute, the translation office is also responsible for the production of minutes (in English) of the biannual meetings of two of the ILL’s supervisory bodies.
As an English mother tongue translator, you will:
- Translate documents from French and German into English for both internal and external audiences
- Assist with the outsourcing and checking of translations into French and German
- Proofread texts written in English by non-native speakers
- Provide linguistic and terminological advice
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of language resources such as translation memories and terminology resources.
As a minute-taker, you will
- Attend the biannual meetings of the ILL’s Subcommittee on Administrative Questions and Steering Committee to produce, in compliance with strict deadlines, the summary of conclusions and minutes of these meetings. This may involve travelling to other European member countries of the ILL.
- You have a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in translation or a related field with at least five years’ experience of working as a translator
- You have English as a mother tongue and an excellent knowledge of French and German
- You are proficient in the use of IT tools (MS Office) and have experience of working with computer-aided translation tools
- You have excellent writing skills and a sharp eye for detail and accuracy
- You are curious and adaptable and enjoy the challenge of working simultaneously on texts in a wide variety of subject areas
- You have a quality and service-oriented attitude and are able to meet deadlines.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website