Early Childhood Educator (learning Assistant) job from Canberra Grammar School in Canberra ACT, Australia
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Canberra Grammar School is a reputed company based in Canberra ACT. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Education / Higher Education to join our team as Early Childhood Educator (learning Assistant).
- Seeking a highly motivated, experienced Early Childhood Educators to join our team
- Full-time ongoing position available
- An exciting opportunity to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of children.
About the School
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer who promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff)
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Free barista made coffee daily
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Access to the onsite health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations
- Employee assistance programmes
- School fee concessions
- Staff awards programme and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
Early Childhood Educators (Learning Assistants) work alongside classroom Teachers as part of a cooperative team and provide a vibrant, dynamic and innovative educational program for our students.
As a Learning Assistant, the incumbent will be expected to:
- support and promote the School’s aims and objectives
- be committed to professional excellence and ongoing professional learning
- comply with the School’s Code of Conduct and with the School’s policy and regulatory requirements
- respect and uphold the School’s Anglican values and ethos, while also respecting people of all backgrounds and faiths within the School community
- safeguard and promote the welfare of children
You are dedicated, passionate and possess the following:
- A valid ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- HLTAID012 or HLTAID004 Provide first aid in an education and care setting certificate
- Certificate III or Diploma qualified in Early Childhood Education or Education Support
- Understanding of Early Years Learning Framework and knowledge of the National Quality Standards
- qualifications or experience in working with students with needs
- experience working with students with additional needs e.g. behavioural support, learning support, social support, and emotional support
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents, and teaching professionals
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- well-developed organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students
- the ability to assist with the general well-being of students.
How to Apply
1. Please refer to the position description below.
2. Please click ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is 11th April at 5:00 pm – an early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website