Digital Access Programme Officer job from Foreign & Commonwealth Office in Marechal Jardim, RJ, Brazil
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Marechal Jardim, RJ
Foreign & Commonwealth Office is a reputed company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Telecommunications to join our team as Digital Access Programme Officer.
Main purpose of job:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a high profile and strategic UK Government development initiative to improve digital inclusion and foster deeper relations between the UK and Brazil. The successful candidate can be based in Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro or Recife and be part of a worldwide network of 230 Posts representing British prosperity, security, and consular interests overseas. It is a vibrant international organisation committed to diversity and staff development.
The Digital Access Programme in Brazil is a multi-year programme funded by the UK Government that aims to facilitate wider and more affordable, safer and more secure access to the internet for excluded populations, harnessing the power of digital inclusion to tackle poverty, build prosperity and enable millions of people - especially socio-economically disadvantaged populations - to benefit from digital services and opportunities. The Digital Access Programme aims to address the fundamental constraints to digital inclusion through a multi-pillar structure, harnessing the role and expertise of the UK government and private sector.
- Pillar 1 – ‘Connect’: Test and validate innovative business models that take emerging technologies to market, in order to facilitate the sustainable expansion of affordable internet access for the poor and excluded. This will be complemented by enablers such as regulatory reform and support to locally-relevant content for development.
- Pillar 2 - ‘Protect’: Build Brazil’s capacity to prevent and respond to cyber-security risks affecting governments, businesses and citizens (including vulnerable groups at risk of online abuse or exploitation).
- Pillar 3 - ‘Thrive’ UK-BR Tech Hub: Stimulate local digital economies, and forge partnerships between local tech sectors and international businesses (including UK firms) through a Tech Hub network.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The post-holder will provide oversight of project activities and contributing to stakeholder engagement in the public and private sectors to promote digital access and cyber security. The role presents unique opportunities to advance the UK-Brazil relationship on digital access and cyber security for economic growth at a time when these issues are of increasing importance on the international agenda. The role is responsible for:
Support the delivery of Digital Access Programme implementation activities in Brazil through direct implementation (in-house) as well as managing contractors and other implementing partners, in coordination with the Head of Digital Access in Brazil and with the cross-departmental Programme Management Committee in London. Assist the Head of programme in ensuring coherence with bilateral and global Prosperity Fund portfolio in Brazil. This will require an ability to apply activities coordination, handling project reporting (including financing), monitoring, risk management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
The jobholder will maintain programme administration requirements and facilitate communication with the programme’s global contractors and local implementing partners to ensure delivery is monitored in coordination with the Digital Access team in-country and with the central Programme Management Committee. This will include pre-empting risks and ensuring that project activities deliver the expected outcomes.
The jobholder will support the Head of Digital Access with regard to the internal and external communication on the programme in Brazil, helping to ensure the Programme’s visibility is properly managed. The post holder will support the implementation of the Programme’s communications strategy. The post-holder will also support the organisation and delivery of key visits from the UK and/or from key stakeholders, related to the implementation and promotion of the Digital Access Programme.
The job holder will support on the logistical delivery of visits/delegations from UK government officials and digital inclusion or tech sector partners when important for the Digital Access Programme
Support the prosperity outcomes of the programme by helping the Head of programme and wider team in identifying opportunities to expand the digital/cyber/tech market and help international (including UK) companies trade with and/or invest into it, including through close collaboration with the Department for International Trade (country-level team).
Support in day-to-day coordination with the UK Tech Hub in Brazil (a pillar of the Digital Access Programme) to facilitate its alignment with the other parts of the Programme and of the UK government in Brazil
Corporate: The jobholder will have the opportunity to participate in wider British Embassy activities.
Essential on arrival:
- Undergraduate qualification in one of the following fields or the equivalent work experience: ICT policy and regulation, public policy, social studies and/or development studies, business studies or related field.
- Experience of supporting the day-to-day administration and delivery of large and/or complex projects and programme
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Experience in project management as well as managing contracts, risks, stakeholders and project finances;
- Must have the right to work and reside in Brazil
- Excellent working levels of English and Portuguese, both written and sopken
- Professional experience in at least one of the following areas will be desirable: digital access (innovative models for inclusive connectivity, digital skills and content development), telecommunications, digital/ICT, cyber security, community engagement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital for development agenda;
- Experience of working in an international development context, including managing/working with development programmes, including in Brazil;
- Experience of working in or with government in Brazil.
- Experience of working in the private sector or organised civil society in relevant fields (e.g. use of digital and cybersecurity for development);
- Experience at policy, regulatory as well as field level will be considered relevant;
- Experience of remote working as part of a larger team.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities.
Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website