Data Entry Officer job from Rio Tinto in Australia, Australia
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Rio Tinto is a reputed company based in Australia. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Data Entry Officer.
L&D Data Entry Officer
- Global mining company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance
- Join a newly formed Learning Support Hub
- Brisbane based with flexible working options and great company benefits
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining, and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Data Entry Officer within the Aluminium product group of our Pacific Operations Learning function and is part of the newly formed Learning Support Hub servicing the operational sites accountable for the entry and retention of post learning completion records. The recording and storage of learning data is a business-critical activity that provides visibility of team member capability to business leaders.
This role is a great opportunity to develop or build on existing specialised skills in managing business critical information. The information managed by this role is learning completion data and entails the recording of post learning achievement within designated Learning Management Systems across the seven bauxite mines, alumina refineries, aluminium smelters, and operations centre for Pacific Operations.
Reporting to the Specialist, Technology, Systems and Reporting, you will:
- Receive learning records from across the seven operational sites of Pacific Operations.
- Confirm the accurate application of the learning framework on receipt of records.
- Accredit learning to team members within designated Learning Management Systems.
- Store learning evidence following the defined learning framework.
- Assist in the reporting of learning completion to provide insight into team capabilities.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Proven attention to detail with efficient administrative skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communications skills with ability to work with, relate to & present to all levels & audiences
- Able to identify areas of improvement to the information management and implement these
- Demonstrated ability to priories tasks
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, MS Project etc or ability to learning quickly.
- Exposure to SAP or Success Factors desirable but not essential
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards for eligible employees
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs and pension plan
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world’s most widely used metals.
In the sector for more than 110 years, today we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries, and have the world’s most modern and competitive aluminium smelter portfolio.
Our Pacific Operations sites are located along the east coast of Australia, at the tip of the Northern Territory and in New Zealand’s south. With more than 6,000 employees, we operate a full value chain approach—mining, refining and smelting. Our portfolio includes four bauxite mines, two refineries, four smelters and one power station, and is supported by technical experts located in our Brisbane hub, including a fully operational Operations Centre for our bauxite mines.
Forming part of the Human Resources function within the Pacific Operations Aluminium business of Rio Tinto. The role of learning in our business is to be an effective and accessible lever to mitigate risk and build capability to meet the needs of the business today and into the future. This is underpinned by the injection of innovation, optimisation and data driven decision making.
The learning team is accountable for the complete learning cycle including identification of learning needs, designing of learning content, scheduling for learning completion, delivery of learning, recording of learning completion and measurement of learning effectiveness against defined criteria. Servicing the seven Rio Tinto Pacific Operations operational sites of Gove (NT), Weipa (Far North Queensland), Yarwun (Gladstone), Boyne Smelter (Gladstone), Integrated Operations (Brisbane) Bell
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website