Cultural Mediator / Interpreter (pashto /dari) job from International Organization for Migration in Doha, Qatar
Monday 9th, May 2022
International Organization for Migration is a reputed company based in Doha. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Customer Service / Call Center to join our team as Cultural Mediator / Interpreter (pashto /dari).
CALL FOR CV
The International Organization for Migration is seeking qualified professionals who have residency permit in Qatar for the following position based in Doha, Qatar.
Vacancy Notice Number: QA 2022-05
Position Title: Cultural Mediator / Interpreter (Pashto/Dari)
Classification: Consultancy Contract
Duty Station: Doha, Qatar
Deadline of Applications: 20 May 2022
Number of Vacant positions: 8
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and direct supervision of the Senior Operations Officer (Transit Centre), in close coordination with the unit heads, the incumbent will perform the following functions as a Cultural Mediator/ Interpreter.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct interpretation and translation services for refugee/ Applicant processing interviews and during inbounds
- Assist in secondary, related tasks, such as escorting the applicant(s) to and from interviews, conducting interpretation during roll-call, etc.
- Facilitate the two-way communication by maintaining professionalism, diligence, impartiality, objectivity, and being cooperative and courteous to IOM staff members, refugee applicants and US government interviewing officers at all times.
- Assist IOM and partner staff to communicate with Afghan evacuees, and vice versa, by interpreting accurately between Dari and/or Pashto and English during activities, such as workshops, individual discussions, recreational or educational activities
- Accompany individuals to appointments or meetings where necessary (e.g., medical visits) and provide interpretation.
- Carry out written translations from English into Dari or Pashto (and vice versa), often working to a tight deadline with high standards of accuracy.
- Apply humanitarian principles in all duties, as well as a gender, age and diversity-sensitive approach.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree preferred, Farsi or Pashto literature, or psychology.
- 3-5 years field experience translating and interpreting in the required language/s.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent command of English and Pashto Or Dari, both oral and written;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills; ability to use tact.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in an international and multicultural environment.
- Experience working with at-risk community members.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities and stakeholders, working in international organizations, non-government, or government institutions/organization.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and edit translations in writing in the target language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting; · Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills; ·
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment and office software packages; Data entry (database management) skills
- Fluency in English and Pashto or Dari is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Qatar will be considered. IOM will not be responsible of any/visa or work permit arrangement for the selected candidates.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English – attaching their CV and a Cover Letter by 20 May midnight at the latest.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Do you have a Valid residency in Qatar?
- Can you join immediately?
- Are you fluent in English AND Pashto or Dari?
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website