Country Director, Pakistan job from Viamo Inc in Islamabad, Pakistan
Monday 14th, March 2022
Viamo Inc is a reputed company based in Islamabad. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Senior Management / Directors to join our team as Country Director, Pakistan.
Country Director, Pakistan
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with the people they serve. More than 96% of the world's population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet* 3 billion people living in emerging markets* still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make* better decisions.* With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be Viamo's representative in-country and a passionate leader within the digital for development movement. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement programs. You will ensure that every large development organization in Pakistan knows about Viamo's solutions and you will supervise the delivery of Viamo's work on our projects, including multiple multi-year USAID/FCDO, funded programs. This role includes managing program and admin staff in-country, providing support, building capacity, and ensuring deliverables and reporting requirements are met and Viamo is fully contractually compliant.
- Take the lead on identification of new business opportunities in Pakistan, track and respond to RFPs, and design high quality proposals
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects; this includes building relationships, co-designing projects and preparing budgets
- Establish and develop commercial partnerships to diversify revenue streams
Partner Relations Management
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables
- Provide support to key partners for the effective use of Viamo's services across a range of sectors, including health, food security, nutrition, livelihoods and agriculture
- Solicit partner feedback to inform the ongoing development of Viamo's offerings
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Pakistan
- Oversee the development of annual work plans and budgets for all donor-funded programs
- Oversee the implementation of project activities and ensure deliverables are met to the set quality standards and within the agreed timelines
- Oversee the production of narrative and financial reports (with support from Viamo's finance team)
- Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities when necessary
- Establish the 3-2-1 Service, creating content and marketing the service to achieve national scale
Team Management and Representation
- Manage the Viamo Pakistan team, provide coaching and support, ensuring capacity is being developed
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to: Regional Director, South Asia
- Line manages: Director of Programs (who in turn manages three Program Managers), Senior Partnerships Manager, Admin & Finance officer
- Position based in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Experience of 10+ years in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, Mobile Network Operator, ICT4D, donor or international implementer
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history submitting winning applications
- Experience implementing USAID (or equivalent) funded projects
- Proven project management experience, including reporting and budgeting
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners
- Leadership skills, including intercultural sensitivity and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Demonstrated self-management, skills, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience living and working in Pakistan, with established networks
- Understanding of laws and telecoms regulations
- Workshop facilitation skills and experience in design thinking approaches
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients' needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website