Control Room Clerk job from DHL Supply Chain in Bedford, United Kingdom
Friday 6th, May 2022
DHL Supply Chain is a reputed company based in Hatfield. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Administration / Secretarial to join our team as Control Room Clerk.
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Control Room Clerk
Location: Marsh Leys, Kempston, Bedford
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift pattern: Any 5 from 7 rotational - 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm
Closing Date: 12/05/2022
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- To provide Administrative support to the Warehouse and Transport Operation
- Transfer of data and files across databases, accurately following process and within specified timescales
- Manual Data input from various spreadsheets and paperwork quickly and accurately
- Producing and updating stats and graphs on warehouse notice boards
- Producing templates and paperwork required by management team according to schedules
- (e.g. 121's, Process Confirmations)
- Capturing completion dates, number of hours and volumes accurately and repeatedly
- Assist with the day to day activities of Despatch & Inbound departments and/or the
- Update various Excel based spread sheets and reports, email to wider business/management
- To process Time & Attendance (T&A) discrepancies on database
- To manage and process Holiday requests in line with set guidelines and timescales
- To Investigate and resolve pay queries quickly and accurately
- To amend Rota patterns on T&A database in line with management requests
- Letter writing and note taking to an accurate standard
- Contact point for Absence calls
- Commitment to confidentiality
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Experience working with Excel essential
- Excellent Communication skills essential
- Experience of working in a warehouse admin role essential
- Experience with HR processes desirable
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you'll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and access to discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access to as a DHL Employee.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is commited to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website