Consultant Recruitment job from City of Toronto in Toronto, ON, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
City of Toronto is a reputed company based in Toronto, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Human Resources / Recruitment to join our team as Consultant Recruitment.
The City of Toronto is committed to providing opportunities to lead, learn and grow. We have an exciting opportunity to join our newly transformed Recruitment team in our People & Equity Division. Our People and Equity Division plays a critical role within the City in developing strategies and promoting policies, practices and programs conducive to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for employees, residents and visitors.
If you are a Human Resources professional with highly developed recruitment, consultation and customer service skills with experience working in a fast-paced unionized environment, this career opportunity is for you.
What will you do?
- Partner with hiring managers to lead and facilitate end-to-end recruitment solutions to meet corporate and divisional priorities by developing and implementing effective and innovative approaches to recruitment strategies, talent sourcing, recruitment planning, assessment development and selection.
- Work in consultation with hiring managers in the development of recruitment plans, including job descriptions, qualification statements, assessments and interview questions.
- Identify and implement innovative and proactive recruitment strategies to attract highly skilled candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide strategic recruitment and employment services advice and expertise to client divisions on matters related to collective agreement obligations and HR policies and procedures.
- Lead, support and administer all phases of the layoff and redeployment process.
- Utilize recruitment expertise to recommend options and enable effective business decisions and effectively manages resistance and conflicts as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders to build and support recruitment strategies. Research and implement new and emerging talent sources and identify effective methods for reaching and engaging diverse candidates in a dynamic market.
- Research and implements new and emerging talent sources and identifies methods for reaching and engaging candidates in a changing market
- Conduct research and makes recommendations to support the development and implementation of modernized recruitment related programs, processes and guidelines.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (i.e. Payroll, Legal, Employee and Labour Relations, Disability Management etc.) to resolve issues and identify realistic and viable solutions to meet client needs.
- Communicate effectively and delivers training on Recruitment related topics.
- Participate in grievance meetings and arbitrations related to recruitment processes as required.
- Participate in HR related work groups and recruitment related projects and initiatives
- Mentor and coach Recruitment Associates.
What do you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience in human resources. CHRP professional designation is an asset.
- Considerable experience overseeing end-to-end recruitment processes in a complex public or private sector organization, specifically in a unionized environment.
- Experience utilizing a variety of contemporary talent sourcing methods.
- Strong ability to establish effective working relationships with various stakeholders using a consultative approach and ensuring the delivery of superior customer service.
- Highly skilled at providing value-added strategic advice that is compliant with employment legislation, collective agreements, organizational procedures and human resources best practices, paired with comprehensive knowledge of employment-related legislation and human resource practices.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced and heavily structured, multi-disciplinary team, and managing a high volume of recruitment activities with fluctuating deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to identify solutions and manage competing stakeholder needs.
- Strong ability to address current and future recruitment/workforce challenges, anticipating possible complications and developing creative strategies/solutions using diverse perspectives to achieve key objectives.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use a variety of software, such as MS Office Suite. Experience with SAP and Success Factors is considered an asset.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website