Classroom Support Assistant - St Mary's - Moruya Nsw job from Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn in Moruya NSW, Australia
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn is a reputed company based in Moruya NSW. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Education / Higher Education to join our team as Classroom Support Assistant - St Mary's - Moruya Nsw.
Location: Moruya, NSW
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Salary: $58,423 to $69,761 (paid pro-rata for part-time appointments)
Start Date: As soon as possible until 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 18 March 2022
St Mary’s Primary School is a K to Year 6 Co-educational Primary School in Moruya on the South Coast of NSW. At St Mary's, we strive to inspire, nurture and challenge each child to reach their potential through providing quality education in a supportive learning environment
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Classroom Support Assistant to join our team. The role of the Classroom Support Assistant is to support the school and classroom teachers in providing quality learning experiences for all students, particularly those with individual needs.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively interact with students with learning needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of social and emotional needs.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers.
- A willingness to respond creatively to the learning needs of students and support classroom teachers in meet the needs of their students.
- A willingness to contribute towards the wider school community, in order to build and strengthen school’s relationship with parents and community.
- Requires knowledge or training equivalent to either a diploma or certificate IV with relevant work experience, a certificate III with extensive work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
This position involves work in a NSW school. The appointment of successful applicants is subject to compliance with Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021. By 8 November 2021, individuals who are appointed to a position in a NSW school are required to have either received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have obtained a medical contraindication certificate in a form approved by NSW Health. Individuals are required to present evidence of either their vaccination status or a medical contraindication certificate to their school to be able to work in a NSW school.
For further information about the School, please visit our website.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Noeleen O'Neill on
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email [email protected]
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website