Broadband Install Technician job from Regional Broadband in Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Monday 14th, March 2022
Cork, County Cork
Regional Broadband is a reputed company based in Cork, County Cork. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Telecommunications to join our team as Broadband Install Technician.
Job Vacancy – Broadband Install Technician
Regional Broadband based in Dublin is currently seeking a Broadband Installer to join our expanding team. This position is a full time or part time position primarily to service the Munster area – Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford. You will be provided with a company van and equipment. The position involves installing broadband in these areas. Regional Broadband is a growing telecommunications company. We are committed to delivering the fastest and best value broadband nationwide. We stand out from our competitors by focusing on excellent customer service and support.
The successful candidate will be joining an exciting and friendly team. You will receive excellent training and ongoing coaching and development opportunities. You will also be offered a competitive salary. This position would ideally suit a person comfortable working at heights, and working outdoors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To install, repair and upgrade broadband equipment on the premises of residential and business customers, and on Regional Broadband Access Points located on commercial and private premises, Regional Broadband masts and third party commercial masts. Install quality will be such as to ensure as far as is practicable the maximum durability and reliability of the install.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Typical Residential Install Sequence.
- Arrive at customer premises and update Google Coordinate
- Conduct risk assessment.
- Check for optimum signal and decide antenna location.
- Assist in managing all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Learn to diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed daily service reports.
- Follow all company’s field procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation.
- Learn to build positive relationships with customers.
- We have a zero tolerance policy on breaches of Health and Safety policies.
- Employee's must follow all Company Health and Safety procedures.
- Agree router location with customer
- Carry out install
- Take install pics and GPS coordinates
- Complete paperwork(contract and dd)
- Complete google coordinate.
- Checklist and customer sign-off.
- Marketing activities - Refer a friend - Phone offer.
Key Performance Indicators.
- Punctual - start on time and complete the specified combinations of installs/repairs for each day.
- Office Liaison - let Office know promptly of any difficulty which will affect the schedule, such as travel delays, vehicle problems, tricky install, access problems due to customer absence, etc.
- Good customer service attitude - achieve a high customer satisfaction rating by contacting the customer in advance to confirm the arrival time, arrive at the customer premises with care in a clean and tidy vehicle, wearing appropriate workwear, projecting a positive and professional image. Interact with the customer in a courteous manner, explaining briefly the install procedure and answer any questions, and then carry out the install with maximum skill and efficiency, concluding with install checklist and customer sign-off.
- Technical skills - Reliable and durable install, achieved through a combination of attention to details such as antenna positioning, router location, precise terminations, secure and tidy cabling, etc. - and completion of Install Checklist in liaison with Support.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good technical acumen
- Excellent attitude to Health & Safety
- Experience working outdoors
- Experience working at heights desired but not essential.
- Reliable - a consistent approach to the requirements of the job and dependable in problem situations.
- Health & Safety - Follow health and safety protocols at all times.
- Must possess a full drivers licence.
Characteristics & Experience
- Good Communication Skills: Employees must have good oral and written English skills, be able to interact with their supervisors and customers, with the ability to understand instructions and communicate effectively.
- Attention to Detail: Employees must be able to pay attention to detail, including testing, documenting daily progress and recording work through photographic evidence.
- Technical Skills: Employees will be called upon to understand and operate our broadband systems with full support and training provided.
- Employees must be competent and confident working at heights.
- Some experience dealing with customers an advantage.
If you or any of your friends or colleagues are interested, please get in touch. We look forward to receiving your applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 - 40 per week
Salary: €32,000.00-€37,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Regional Broadband takes all Covid 19 restrictions necessary in line with Government recommendations.
- A Driving Licence (required)
- Ireland (required)
Expected start date: 14/03/2022
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website