Assistant Teacher: Dallas (multiple Locations And Start Dates) job from Bezos Academy in Dallas, TX 75211, United States
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Dallas, TX 75211
Salary : USD 43700
Bezos Academy is a reputed company based in Dallas, TX 75211. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Education / Higher Education to join our team as Assistant Teacher: Dallas (multiple Locations And Start Dates).
As an Assistant Teacher for Bezos Academy, you share our passion for early-childhood education and the Montessori method, drawing your energy from working in a child-initiated learning process. Your responsibilities will include assisting lead teachers in developing and implementing a program that promotes the cognitive, language, emotional, social, and physical development of each child. Drawing on your previous experience working with young children, you will support lead classroom teachers in high-quality, tuition-free, Montessori-inspired programs in our growing network of preschools in underserved communities.
SCHEDULES, BENEFITS, AND COMPENSATION
- School schedules vary depending on community needs but generally range from 8am-5:30pm, with teachers staggered across these hours with varying start and end times totaling no more than 8 hours per day. Your specific schedule will be determined with your school leader when considering all staff, classroom, and community needs.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly position, eligible for full benefits on the first day of employment, including but not limited to paid time-off, 401k savings, health/dental/vision coverage, and a $2,500 employer contribution toward childcare.
- Starting compensation for this position is $21-26 per hour (~$43,700- $54,000 per year) depending on qualifications and experience.
- This position offers a $2,000 sign-on bonus ($1,000 on first paycheck and $1,000 after 90 days).
MONTESSORI TRAINING, LOCATIONS, AND START DATES
- We are actively hiring for Assistant Teachers available for two possible start dates in Dallas, Texas. Our new preschools are likely to open in the fall of 2022; some may open in early winter. Regardless of school launch date, teachers joining Bezos Academy to launch a new school will begin as full-time, paid employees August 9 or September 6 depending on which training program you attend.
- All Assistant Teachers will attend a summer training focused on the Bezos Academy academic model and grounding in the Montessori method.
- You also have the opportunity to earn, at no cost to you, a MACTE-accredited Primary Montessori certificate. This specialized training program will prepare you to be a Montessori Lead Teacher in the future and will include learning all Montessori materials, lessons, and theory. The program requires a minimum of 600 hours across 1-2 years, with 400 of those hours being classroom practice during the workday. The other 200 hours will occur during summer training, professional learning days, and up to 10 hours/month outside of work hours. On the application, please indicate whether you wish to be considered for the Primary Montessori certification program. You will be notified of selection at time of job offer from Bezos Academy if you are offered a job. Enrolling in this program is entirely optional and will have no bearing on hiring decisions.
- If you are selected for this program, your start date will be August 9th. If you do not wish to enroll in the Montessori certification program or are not selected, your start date will be September 6th.
School locations and start date options
- Cockrell Hill (Dallas College Mountain View Campus, 4849 West Illinois Ave Dallas, Texas 75211)
- Lancaster- Cedar Valley (Dallas College Cedar Valley Campus, 3030 North Dallas Avenue Lancaster, Texas 75134)
- North Dallas (8600 Skyline Drive Dallas, Texas 75243)
Please only select locations you are willing to work in and start dates for which you are available so we can match you with the right school site and interviewer.
- Experience working with children ages 3-5
- Ability to pass background checks, tuberculosis screenings, and trainings required by the state of Texas
- Age 18 with high school diploma or GED
- Experience working across lines of difference and strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Ability to supervise, communicate effectively with, and care for young children safely
- Two or more years of experience as an assistant teacher or aide in a preschool
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or two years of post-secondary coursework in Early Childhood Education
- NOTE: The combination of responsibilities may vary based on the needs of the school site, students, and prior experiences of the Assistant Teacher.
- Work cohesively with the lead teacher's plans to prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active Montessori learning experiences. Over time, lead some classroom instructional activities, such as group time or transitions
- Support lead teacher with planning Montessori learning activities
- Depending on experience and instructional readiness, give individual Montessori lessons to students in coordination with the lead teacher
- Assist in guiding every child through self-directed activities, allowing them to develop at his or her own pace
- Along with lead teachers, foster a nurturing, safe, and stimulating, non-competitive environment
- Assist teachers in maintaining records on each child's progress and development
- Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests, and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth
- Assist teachers with the full implementation of Bezos Academy's performance standards, policies, and procedures
- Support Bezos Academy classrooms by following regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the classroom (i.e., cleaning materials, meal prep, nap time transitions, etc.)
- Prepare and maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children
- Organize materials and clean the workspace to facilitate the learning process for each child
- Support children's increasing independence with daily living skills (i.e., washing hands, using the bathroom, eating meals and snacks, cleaning up, etc.)
Individual student support
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline
- Provide 1:1 support for children who are experiencing big feelings
- Provide 1:1 support for children who are at risk for developmental delays
- Participate in team meetings, center activities, and staff development
- Assist lead teachers in conducting staff/family conferences
- Establish a positive relationship with each child's family and share information about the child's day at the preschool
- Lift up to 20 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally to care for young children safely
- Assume postures at low levels (e.g. kneeling, stooping, bending, and sitting on the floor) as needed to communicate effectively with children
Bezos Academy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless state or local law provides otherwise.
Bezos Academy participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employee Form I-9 Information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. Bezos Academy only uses E-Verify once a candidate has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. If E-Verify cannot confirm that an employee is authorized to work, Bezos Academy will give the employee written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so the employee can begin to resolve the issue before any adverse employment action is taken. For more information about your right to work, please see the Notice of Right to Work.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website