Airfield Operations Officer job from Qatar Airways in Doha, Qatar
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Qatar Airways is a reputed company based in Kuwait. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Production and Operations to join our team as Airfield Operations Officer.
About the role:
As a Airfield Operations Officer, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
Ensure safe operations at airside by conducting regular inspection and monitoring of the airside particularly the runway, taxiway, aprons and the service roads to ensure the following:
Foreign Object Debris (FOD) is managed properly by monitoring, supporting FOD campaigns, initiating removal of FOD when necessary and promoting FOD prevention
No birds or other wildlife hazard are present (bird and wildlife presence is monitored and controlled)
Paint markings and signs are visible and correct
Airfield lighting and other facilities and equipment are serviceable
Conduct fault/deficiency reporting by coordinating with the concerning department to ensure that all faults or deficiencies are actually reported and rectification action has been initiated
Monitor compliance to the airside safety driving rules by observing the movement of airside vehicle/equipment and issue traffic citations/penalties for violations to ensure safe/smooth airside operations
Direct the traffic at interactions of service roads with taxiways and in congested and emergency areas by direct the airside drivers in order to ensure a safe maneuvering of the taxiing aircraft.
Investigate analyses and submit detailed report including recommended solutions by responding to airside incidents/accidents involving aircraft, vehicles, persons, and properties in order to prevent the recurrence.
Escort any unfamiliar vehicle accessing the airside in order to prevent any unsafe situation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Attended Airport/Airlines safety and security training courses
- Attended Airport/Airline operations courses i.e. passenger, ramp and cargo
- Hold a Qatar Driving License/own country license
- Experienced – minimum 4 years of job related experience required
- At least 4 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within the aviation industry either in airline operations or the aerodrome environment, preferably handling airport safety operations functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of airport operations and safety regulations and procedures
- Good knowledge of Airport Ramp Operations, policies and procedures, and cargo restricted articles
- A good understanding of ICAO standards and recommended practices (SARPS) on airport operations and safety
- A good understanding of CAA regulations
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English both verbally and in writing
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website