Administration Assistant job from Thales Group in Jennings NSW, Australia
Monday 14th, March 2022
Thales Group is a reputed company based in Jennings NSW. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Administration / Secretarial to join our team as Administration Assistant.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Administration Assistant to join our team in Jennings. You will be responsible for managing general administration duties, whilst providing great customer service to our customer, the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
This role is exciting, challenging and rewarding; no two days will be the same! As the first point of contact for our customer, the ADF, you will need a positive attitude, be an active listener with excellent attention to detail and the ability to think on your feet. In turn, we will provide you with the training and support needed to succeed.
Within our logistics services business there are 17 depots throughout Australia, allowing various development and progression opportunities.
Provide quality office administration within the facility and region
- Co-ordinate the operation of a file management system, photocopying and mail distribution
- Co-ordinate office services including couriers, repair of office equipment and maintenance of office supplies
- Prepare correspondence and documentation including but not limited to reports, valuations, quotations, cost estimates, letters, faxes and notices for the region
- Develop quality work instructions, policy and procedures related to administrative operations
- Efficient use of computer programs appropriate to the task (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Process claims for payment of travel allowances for Regional travel within designated time frames
- Process accounts documentation ensuring approvals are received and paperwork is sent to Finance
- Assist Customer Service Officers as required
How About You?
- A Certificate III in Business (Administration) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience operating a database program
- High level of interpersonal, organisation and communication skills teamed with good attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of standard computer applications including intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website