Accounts Assistant job from Plaza Hotel Tallaght in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Monday 9th, May 2022
Dublin, County Dublin
Plaza Hotel Tallaght is a reputed company based in Dublin, County Dublin. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Accounting / Auditing to join our team as Accounts Assistant.
The Accounts Assistant will ensure the administration of our accounts function is maintained in line with company policy.
Reports to: Financial Controller
Accounts Assistant Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Match all invoices with purchases orders, receiving documents, packing slips, etc., ensuring that all bills represent authorised, legitimate purchases
- Properly code and record expenses to the correct cost centre/general ledger account and obtain appropriate department head approvals
- Enter all invoices/vouchers for payment processing in a timely manner
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis and handle vendor and internal inquiries
- Prepare and check supplier payment run and ad hoc payments as required dependent on vendor terms
- Maintain up-to-date contact files and banking information
- Set up new vendor accounts on Accounting system
- Prepare A/P accrual at the month end with Financial Controller
Accounts Receivable / Other
- Liaise with hotel management in monitoring the debtor ledgers
- Follow up with the debtors on the city ledger invoices settlement
- Perform regular lodgements reconciliations and complete Income Audit file
- Assist with Bank and VAT reconciliation
- Respond to Supplier/Debtor issues in a quick and efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Acting as cover for other roles in Finance when required
- Assist Finance team with various ad hoc duties when they arise.
- Participate in training programmes as required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which can include day, evening or weekend shifts.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1989 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other person on the premises.
- To keep your work area tidy and safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement for your place of work.
- Strong numerical ability
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Maintenance of company accounts on Sage Line 50 (preferred)
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel
- Qualified or nearly qualified as an Accounts Technician or similar
- Strong people and communications skills
- Ability to work with management in a fast-paced environment
- Operate at the highest level of integrity and transparency
- While experience in the Hotel sector is not essential it would be beneficial
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended as an outline of the responsibilities and requirements of the role. The role and duties will evolve as the development expands and other duties may be required to meet the on-going needs of the company.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website